Saturday, September 19, 2009

Defenestration



















































From Wikipedia: In 1997, Brian Goggin and a team of artists create[d] an absurdist site-specific art installation on two sides of an empty four-story building at the corner of Sixth and Howard Streets in San Francisco entitled "Defenestration", which depicted seemingly animated furniture apparently leaping out the windows and off the parapet.

From me: The city has invoked eminent domain and is now going to tear this down. Too bad.

4 comments:

J said...

I don't find myself in that neighborhood often, but every time I see that building, I wonder what the story is behind it. Thanks for filling me in. Too bad it'll be gone, but at least I'll know why.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you've added photos to your blog.
Well done!

Mily said...

anonymous was ME ;-)

(Mily)

Bugwalk said...

Cool! It's nice to hear from you, Mily, and thanks for letting me know who Anonymous was. I know they claim the Internet is public and all, but I still was like, "Anonymous?! Who could that be? Was it my father? Are people I don't know reading this?" :-)