Saturday, October 21, 2006

Fortunately Unfortunately

My life is starting to feel like a book I had when I was a child that followed this pattern, except it was about going to work and being hit on the head by a rake and mine is about this:

Unfortunately, my beloved cat died. Fortunately, I got a new kitten. Unfortunately, the new kitten had bloody diarrhea. Fortunately, the vet said it was probably caused by worms and that medication would help. Unfortunately, she asked me to give the kitten Flagyl via syringe. Fortunately, the kitten readily took Flagyl via syringe, as the vet demonstrated. Whew!

Unfortunately, when I tried it myself, the kitten frantically shook his head and Flagyl foamed out of his mouth, ending up all over his face, on the floor, on my sheets, on my pillowcase and on my clothes. (Why, just the same as what happened when I gave Thelonious anything by syringe.)

Fortunately, the vet, upon being called, said that if any whatsoever had gotten in him, it was probably enough. (To be on the safe side and with her approval, after we got off the phone, I tried to administer another one-third of the dose and hope I haven't overdosed him. Probably not. Geeze, I hope not.)

Unfortunately, we have three more days of this!

At least I won't be so foolishly overconfident as to try this on my bed again.

1 comment:

Maya's Granny said...

Linda,
Try wrapping him in a big terry towel, holding him on his back with his head about mid breast, tipping his head back, and feeding it to him that way.

In answer to your question, I have a standard camera and scan photos in to my blog. My daughter set it up for me, so the great look is mostly her doing.